Travel to and from School
Car Parking Regulations
In the morning
- All children arrive in school through the main entrance.
- You may drive to the drop off zone to allow your child to disembark.
- The child may walk on the pavement into school while the car leaves the car park.
- Parents of infant children, who wish to walk their child into school, must park in a standard parking bay only.
In the evening
- Foundation Stage children finish at 3.15 pm. Parents of these children are requested to wait outside the main door until the class teacher is ready to hand them over.
- Infant children (Preps 2 and 3) will be brought to the covered area at 3.30 pm. Please drive round to the drop off zone to collect your child and leave the car park.
- Junior children (Preps 4 – 7) will be brought to the covered area at 3.35pm. Please drive round to the drop off zone to collect your child and leave.
If you have children in the Junior Department, do not arrive in school before 3.35. We ask parents to stagger their collection times between 3.35 and 3.50 pm.
- No cars may park in the Dropping Off Zone.
The Drop Off Zone is there to allow children to disembark onto the pavement and walk into school safely. If the car park is full at the end of the day and you are waiting to collect your child you may wait in your car in the zone until your child/children arrive. You must then leave the drop off zone immediately.
- For reasons of security and for the protection of the children, we regret there is no parking during the school day for parents, except when visiting the school, unless permission is given by the school office.
- Cars should not be in the school grounds after 5.30 pm. The school gates are locked at 5.45 pm prompt.
- Observe the 5 MILES PER HOUR limit within the school grounds.
- Always park in marked parking bays during school time (i.e. 8.00 am - 3.00 pm) and whenever possible at other times.
- Do not park near the school gates.
- Do not park on lawns or kerbs
- The area to right of the school (from the bin area onwards) is reserved for staff cars only. Do not drive into this area, even for turning purposes.
- Cars parked in the school car park, together with their contents, are left at the owners’ risk. The school does not accept responsibility for them. You are advised to lock your car at ALL times and not to leave valuables on view.
These car park regulations are of the utmost importance –
they are there to protect YOUR child.